Thursday, December 4, 2008

Moving in opposite directions. . .

K took a look at my outfit this morning, and said "Cool! Too 'out there' for the people here though". GAAH! We better not move to somewhere even boonier than here!

Me & Erv moving in opposite directions. . .

4Dec08

BR cardigan, tneck & tights from TJMaxx, Uniqlo skirt, UO boots

 

K tried to take pics of me without the flash. Check out this haunting picture. . .it reminds me of an image that you may see in a dream. or maybe a scary movie.

P1000564

On a note related to my outfit, Apple and I had roughly 20 minutes to run around Uniqlo like crazy women before we had to go to dinner at the Mercer Kitchen last Saturday in the big Apple. I somehow ended up finding 2 skirts, a pair of tights, and a tee at a good bargain during this quickie shopping session. . .

By the way -- that night I learned a lesson that will hopefully remain with me forever. DON'T BE A CHEAPASS WHEN EATING AT GOOD RESTAURANTS IN BIG CITIES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN THE BOONIES!! One of my biggest dumbass moments in life was ordering a stupid cheeseburger at Mercer Kitchen because I was feeling a little stingy (and I had a glimmer of hope that maybe Jean-Georges has some kind of super unique recipe for cheeseburgers. But really, that's no excuse). We ended up splitting the check evenly between our group of 8. Grrr, I think I took home the DUMBASS award for the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shasha, I love your new UO boots...totally made the outfit. And I hope you guys don't move too far away from us - sniff. Ok, about the splitting of the checks? I HATE when people do that b/c I always order the cheaper items with water and don't believe in having to pay for others who order steaks and 2 bottles of wine!! GRRR...yes, it's happened to me too many times and now I put my foot down. People should pay for what they order.

Anonymous said...

I hate when the bill is split evenly especially when the person who suggests it is the one who ordered the most and all the alcoholic drinks!

Anonymous said...

someone who drank a lot ended up offering to pay for the bottles of wine, so that was sweet.

it was K's cousins at the dinner, so it didn't hurt as much as it would have if it was all random people. good lesson learned though :)I was just annoyed at myself because how often do we get good food haha.

thaoist said...

that sounds like something i would do. no, seriously. I like the boots.

Thao